WHARF SUPERVISOR IMPORT AND EXPORT — FULL TIME
Riordan Grain Services is a leading company within the Australian agribusiness sector operating 24/7, providing innovative grain services from farm to consumer.
Riordan Grain Services are seeking self motivated and driven individuals to join their team based within the Geelong Region on a full time basis.
The role of the Import and Export Wharf Supervisor is to work closely with the Manager of Industrial Storage and Imports and the Grain Services Division for Exports on a Day to Day basis to ensure operations are carried out efficiently and successfully.
Position will involve but not be limited to:
- Ensure daily prestart check procedures are completed prior to machinery operation
- Ensure the safe operation of plant and machinery
- Coordinate scheduling shifts and staffing in conjunction with other operational managers
- Communicate with all third party Personnel associated with import/export operations
- Clearly communicate with drivers across uhf radios and in person
- Oversee traffic management of trucks onto site using booking system
- Oversee safe loading and unloading of all trucks
- Assist to coordinate trucks for night shift transfer
- Weighbridge Operation
- Oversee all tickets are completed and data records are accurate
- Assist with report compilation for customers
- Coordinate site hygiene requirements
- Other general duties as required on the work site
- Loader competency, EWP, Forklift and Excavator Licenses
- Great communications skills verbally and written
- Ability to learn new software systems
- Excellent attention to detail with high accuracy input
- Strong Organisational and Time Management skill
- Work within a fast paced work environment
- Be a Team player
- Perform all duties within Safety Policies and operational procedures
- Have Flexibility in relation to hours including weekend operations and duties required
If you have a passion for agriculture and the grains industry, please email your application, with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from you.
Applications close on 30 April 2022.